"You know what? The bastard blows me out of the water. This guy writes Maine like Ardai writes New York. If you're not reading him, you don't know what you're missing." --Chris F. Holm, author of "The Collector" series, The Killing Kind, and Red Right Hand.

"A refreshingly new voice in noir." --Ed Kurtz, author of Nothing You Can Do and The Rib From Which I Remake the World.

"A glorious boilermaker of noir and East Coast gothic. The action is taut as a sprung snare and Bagley tightens the screws with every page." -- Laird Barron, author of Swift to Chase and Blood Standard.




Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Memified


Patti Abbott tagged me for this meme and I decided to play along. The rules are simple:
1. List authors you read during 2008 who were new to you (that is, authors you read for the first time this year).
2. Bold those who were debut authors in 2008.
3. Tag some other people.

My list (and I may have to amend this as more come to mind) is as follows:

Christa Faust
Nega Mezlekia
Harry Crews
Allan Guthrie
John McFetridge
Wallace Stroby
Tom Piccirilli
James Reasoner
Benjamin Black
Tana French
Don Winslow
Karen Dionne
Tony Black
David Goodis
Leonardo Padura

I'm not one for tagging people. If you want to post your own list, that's cool. Just let me know so I can check it out. Or feel free to just comment here with a list. I'm good either way.

5 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Nice list. I had some not new but more that were new. I was surprised at that.

John DuMond said...

I tagged myself. It's a short list, but I'm a creature of habit, I guess.

Scott D. Parker said...

I got tagged, too. Glad to see Christa Faust and Don Winslow are on more than my list. Dawn Patrol and Money Shot are my two favorite books of the year.

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

Yeah, MONEY SHOT is one of my favorite reads of the year.

JZID said...

The list is way too long for me.... I've read so many new authors this year, both new to me, and many new to everyone else as well. I hope this is not perceived as a cop out. I did try to start to make a list but it was ridiculous!

I will say Christa Faust is on my list as well, and I've got her first novel Control Freak on my bookself as well. Authors new to me this year include the likes of Ken Bruen, Charlie Huston, and Jason Starr, so needless to say I've been swamped with great reading and have hardly been able to keep my nose out of a book all year. (Or maybe i've just had my head in a closet....)