"You know what? The bastard blows me out of the water. This guy writes Maine like Ardai writes New York. If you're not reading him, you don't know what you're missing." --Chris F. Holm, author of "The Collector" series, The Killing Kind, and Red Right Hand.

"A refreshingly new voice in noir." --Ed Kurtz, author of Nothing You Can Do and The Rib From Which I Remake the World.

"A glorious boilermaker of noir and East Coast gothic. The action is taut as a sprung snare and Bagley tightens the screws with every page." -- Laird Barron, author of Swift to Chase and Blood Standard.




Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Return of Deep Thoughts from Tough Guys: Special Psychobilly Edition

You’re thinking I’m a bastard. A real nasty piece of work. All I can say is that I don’t force anyone to do anything they don’t want. I’m willing to risk my neck night in and night out to protect my citizens, so if I go above and beyond to help a young lady in need, how she shows her gratitude is entirely her decision.

—Deputy Billy Lafitte in Yellow Medicine, ©2007 by Anthony Neil Smith (coming May 15 from Bleak House Books)

No comments: