"You know what? The bastard blows me out of the water. This guy writes Maine like Ardai writes New York. If you're not reading him, you don't know what you're missing." --Chris F. Holm, author of "The Collector" series, The Killing Kind, and Red Right Hand.

"A refreshingly new voice in noir." --Ed Kurtz, author of Nothing You Can Do and The Rib From Which I Remake the World.

"A glorious boilermaker of noir and East Coast gothic. The action is taut as a sprung snare and Bagley tightens the screws with every page." -- Laird Barron, author of Swift to Chase and Blood Standard.




Monday, April 28, 2008

Hey, no touchbacks!

I tagged Declan Burke last Friday for Patti Abbott’s “Books You Must Read” blog project, and now Dec has taken his revenge by tagging me with a “Six Random Things About You” meme. The problem is that I’m not all that interesting. But here we go anyway…

The rules are:
Link to the person who tagged you. Check.
Post the rules on your blog. Check.
Write six random things about yourself in a blog post. Scroll on down.
Tag six people in your post. How about Lyman Feero, Christa Miller, Daniel Hatadi, Anthony Rainone, Victor Gischler and Bill Crider?
Let each person know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. I sent e-mails instead.
Let the taggee know your entry is up. Check.

Six Random Things About Me:

#1: The coolest thing I did last weekend was teach my four year-old how to play Wiffleball.

#2: I read more than 300 books during my freshman year of college because I was worried about being an ignorant slob.

#3: I make the world’s best Spanish rice.

#4: I left home when I was 17 and hitchhiked to New York.

#5: I hate to fly, and have only done it twice in the last twenty years.

#6: I can almost play one small part of the Doctor Who theme on my bass.

7 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I think you sound like just the kind of guy I'd like to know. And BTW, care to share that recipe for Spanish Rice. Mine always comes out sticky or too hard.

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

Patti,

I've never written down the recipe, but I'll do it soon and either e-mail it to you or post it here.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks. My husband's weary of the gummy rice I've turned out. See how many adjectives there are to describe my lousy rice.

Daniel Hatadi said...

Cool little meme, and you play bass!

My response to this taggery is up.

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

I used to play bass. Now I just kinda noodle around on it once in a while.

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

I'm mostly trying to learn some roots music like bluegrass, blues, old-time country right now. My bass is a Fender acoustic model...gets a nice, fat sound.

Daniel Hatadi said...

Easy music to learn, but hard to master. It's all in those sweaty little details. Me, I play bass like a guitarist. Never got that slapping or fingering down right, but it's good enough to record on my tracks.